Tuesday 27 May 2014

Playtime with Tiger and Black Leopard Cubs at Mystic Monkeys

We visited Mystic Monkeys Wildlife and Feather Park this past weekend to see the new tiger cubs that they had. This was our second visit to this park.

The tiger cubs were 3 weeks old, super cute and surprisingly loud. We couldn't get enough! We also had the opportunity to interact with 3 & 5 month old Black Leopard cubs, which was a first for us so we were pretty excited. Since living here, I have learned first hand that Leopards are very different cats than lions and tigers. They are extremely strong, mischievous and rambunctious. I was surprised that they were allowing the girls to interact with them. Most places do not let small children interact with leopards of this age. But after we saw what they were capable of,  jumping on other people's heads and backs, we suggested that both girls stay outside of the enclosure. They were okay with it too after seeing their behavior. Gia did come in at the end with the smaller leopard cubs for a few photos, but it was extremely difficult to restrain the cats. The depth of their young roar also drove chills up your spine. Matt really enjoyed interacting with the larger cubs, but they were too strong for me.

We really enjoyed our day here and even though I am not a big monkey fan, the monkeys here are all contained in enclosures, which made me feel better, so even I enjoyed the monkeys.















 The mother was nursing this baby below.
 Even I was so smitten over this baby monkey.
 These roosters and meerkats were all around our table at lunch.
It made me feel a bit uncomfortable as I was eating my CHICKEN sandwich ;)



 Kenley got scratched and decided to leave the pen.

 Close call...
Matt after playing with the leopards.


No comments:

Post a Comment