Friday 27 December 2013

My Parents' Visit to South Africa

My parents arrived in South Africa to visit us this December. While they were here we did a lot of outings and got to spend lots of quality time catching up and enjoying the holiday season. South African style of course. I was able to put my fear of monkeys aside so that my parents could enjoy Bush Babies, the beautiful monkey sanctuary in Hartbeespoort. I did, however, let them take to cable car in Hartbeespoort to the top of the mountain without me. My fear of heights is apparently greater than my fear of monkeys.
 Mandela Square
 Memorial for Nelson Mandela
 Hard Rock Cafe, Johannesburg
 Glen Afric feeding elephants

 Cable Car, Hartbeespoort

 Hartbeespoort Dam















 Baby Hippo

 Lion cubs at The Lion Park
 Elephants at Glen Afric
 Bush Babies

 Anthony the Cheetah at The Farm Inn







 Mandela memorial at Rosebank Rooftop Market
 African tribal dancers
 Nelson Mandela Memorial at Mandela Square

 Live broadcast of the Mandela funeral.


Thanks for visiting us Mom and Dad! Can't wait to see you on US soil later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment